SIP & Dial Tone Services
What is SIP Trunking?
SIP Trunking is the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and streaming media service by which NEC delivers telephone and unified communications features with UNIVERGE BLUE.
SIP Trunking is delivered to you via a cloud-based PBX. It is an efficient, flexible, low-cost, modern replacement for traditional telephone lines. SIP Trunks are delivered over an inexpensive broadband connection.
Why is UNIVERGE BLUE Using SIP Trunking?
SIP Trunking is a key technology that allows hybrid deployments of UNIVERGE BLUE – integrating your existing phone investments with the latest cloud-based communications features available with UNIVERGE BLUE.
SIP Trunking Enables You To:
- Make and receive local, long distance & international calls
- Allow centralized control
- Make emergency 911 calls
- Access Directory assistance
- Use desktop phones, soft phones, and mobile devices
- Typically at alower cost than traditional PSTN lines